This will be brief as I am at a break in my Philosophy class in Berlin.
I would like to say that a few things are on my mind:
1. My current mental state and beliefs regarding life.
2. The view on morality that assumes that a good action is made good from the intention of the action, how legitimate this view may or may not, and if it is more or less unarguable if two persons believe in God.
3. The unexplainable large amounts of love I have felt both from God and from those close to my heart as of late.
4. The role of women in my life.
5. The questioning of whether or not I truly let my parents know how much I appreciate and love them.
However, I will only write shortly about the first. I can't help but notice an interesting maturation of thought in myself when I look back to where I was at when entering college. The mind that desired knowledge (and thought-quenching philosophy) is a different mind now. I appreciate that life worked out that I would be in that mental state going into college. It's been an interesting ride.
I discuss on the topic of German philosophers and morality often in two of my classes here. Both are classes where everyone's view is questioned and rebuked. However, I feel that if I had been in this situation before, I would more ferociously attack arguments for the sake of increasing my own knowledge and the knowledge of others. My view that some deep hidden truth about life was waiting to be unlocked by someone or some ones' collective thought. However, I find myself now in a place of contentment. I enjoy to hear about how people see the world, and I know look for the healthiness in that view rather than its exact correctness. There's something about genuinely believing that your life is the product of some extreme Love that really shakes the foundations of your thoughts and your beliefs. What if Love isn't real? What if it's something not within reality?
If that's the case, then I am living a very very incorrect life.
Before, that mere possibility would have frightened me. Now it just makes me smile because when I am the product of Love, nothing can ever harm me.
This was a less than eloquent and short lived rant. I am still deciding when I wish to use this blog to let out my thoughts, and it creates vacant spaces from time to time.
- Ian C
No comments:
Post a Comment