She makes me laugh
and She makes me think.
She makes me smile
and She makes me wonder.
She makes me worried
and She makes me doubt myself.
She has seen my worst
and She has seen my best.
She has held my hand
and She has heard my voice.
She has become a song
and She has become a memory.
She has another now
and She is still alone.
She was never mine
and She always wanted me.
She makes them whisper
and She doesn't know.
She is insecure
and She is out for the kill.
She is tonight's melody
and She was yesterday's prayer.
She is this sentence
and She is last week.
She is my ocean metaphor
and She is my shooting star.
She had a voice
and She could dance.
She made me better
and She helped me sin.
She was only at night
and She was only in the day.
She has kept in touch
and She has disappeared.
She gave the best hugs
and She had the softest lips.
She was far too old
and She was less mature
She knew more of me than I'll know
and She only knew my name
She was a dance
and She was my first kiss.
She was in my car
and She was on the grass.
She had the bluest eyes
and She had the truest hazel.
She was in my left arm
and She was in my right.
She I could have Loved
and She I could only love.
She is never one and no one is She.
- Words just flowed from me now. My life has been blessed with so many friends, and a good number of them have been women. I reflected on every girl I had ever kissed. They all meant something different, yet I still care for them all one way or another. I think of the girls I had zero intimacy with, but care so much about to this day. I thought about different women in my life and what they made me feel like; who I was when I was around them.
Maybe someday, someone will bring out the best in me.
Reader, you are loved, always.
- Ian M. Charbonnet
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is intriguing...not much to say besides that.
ReplyDeletei really like this. it makes me think a lot. about the different Hes in my life and how they have changed me - or how i have rebelled against the change and am yet still changed. i don't think there will ever be one person to bring out the best in you, because being the only Ian Charbonnet out there already makes you the best.
ReplyDelete