I feel like a jukebox today. I have so many songs running through my head. If I type them, they will all seem like separate moments, but these things are overlapping and causing me to wonder if the world itself is singing today.
"I'm starting to believe the ocean's much like you. 'Cause it gives and it takes away."
"I'll fall face down as your glory shines around."
Many of my female friends have been filling my head lately. I have concern for their lives, hopes that they would be built up and joyful and above all else, find something new and exciting about God
"So please forgive me when I sing this song."
"At least I won't be alone tonight."
I sit in my darkened apartment room at 2:30 in the afternoon playing post-rock/ambient music to try and get all these words straight. They need a tempo to follow; their rhythms do not complement each other, it's all the wrong color.
"Fight fair! Fight fair! Fight fair!"
"It's always been a lie, a soothing lullaby. We'll soon be swallowed by the sea."
The beautiful elements (that is, the souls of those I am in contact with daily) are not in harmony. So many good people, why can't they all love each other properly? Why is selfishness abounding in everything I see? I plea for sincerity in my own life.
"I don't think I deserve this: selflessness find your way into my heart."
"The world I love, the tears I drop..."
Nothing is sticking. I am neither content nor depressed. I am neither alive nor passively dying. I am merely a radio on scan. This is just a phase. I feel like a Chuck Palahniuk book. I feel created for the ADD generation.
"As you catch my tears with your nail-scarred hands"
"California girls, we're unforgettable."
Nothing is sound, everything is static. Do not read this with any emotion. This is neither good nor bad. This is me marking a moment in the history of my life where I graced insanity.
"Boom Boom Boom"
"...this could be more than flashing lights and sound."
"Any way you want it, that's the way you need it."
"I've always been the easy kill."
"How does it feel to know you're everything I want?"
"...rejoice in this divine romance."
"You've got me right where you wanted me."
"Stretched out.... a boy and a girl."
The guitar loops in my ear give vision to the last scene of the Lord of the Rings....the boat sailing off to distant lands. What a corny ending. What a memorable image.
"...through the darkest nights."
*zelda theme song*
"I'm feeling I'd prefer not to be rescued."
"Come what may..."
I hope this didn't confuse you....don't even bother reading any more. This is me succumbing to the fact that I am not your standard human being. I am not normal. I do, however, really like the character of Jesus Christ. I see Him and his works daily. Don't comment on this post. It is just a snippet in time. It has zero reflection on my life on a large scale. It is like the movie "Burn After Reading," so please don't look for a plot beloved reader.
- I.M.C.
"Night with the eyes of a horse that trembles..."
Telling me not to comment won't stop me from saying I don't recognize all the songs.
ReplyDelete