Half-past noon on a Tuesday. Much has happened this school year, yet I don't feel inclined to state these events. Maybe I'm actually starting to realize that my readers of this blog are confined to two of my dear college friends and my parents.
My roommate Andrew is far too good at Super Smash Bros.
This short little snippet is to say to anyone interested in my life that things are well. I continue to be blessed daily when I deserve far less. I have been provided loving parents who support me financially and emotionally should I ever need them. I have great friends both here at UCSB and outside, many willing to hear about my life as well as share their own knowing full well that I actually care about their well-being.
Lately though, my most noticeable blessing has been the roommate God provided for me. A quite random situation that brought me someone to lead worship with has also lead me to who I currently reside with. I have been given someone who not only wants to be my friend, but who cares for me. This guy feeds me when I am hungry, goes through all types of circumstances with me (including escapades for food, trips and parenting a small kitten), and supplies me with a mass amount of good music. It's basically the perfect match. Not only this, but I have someone to debate with politically, religiously, etc.
I'm pumped to go home for Thanksgiving and Winter Break. I'm having fun growing out facial hair in NovemBeard. But most of all I'm just living blessed as a product of grace.
I pray you are enlightened to see your blessings dear reader.
- Ian Charbonnet
It is great reading your updates. It encourages me to see how you are doing.
ReplyDeleteI love your attitude of gratitude. Your post has made me want to stop and take a look around me; instead of focusing on what we don't have, we need to focus on what we have and show gratitude. Thanks, Ian. I'm a follower :)
ReplyDelete