With enough volume, noise will all turn to static, or silence. This post will relate to a The Devil Wears Prada song, but I'll save the excerpt for later. In short, the world seems louder to me as of late. Prior to all of this, I've been going through some seriously crazy stages of other-worldly sensations. Since May, I've felt very in-tune with forces I know are greater than myself. So, depending on your viewpoint, I've either been very enlightened these past few months or I've been bordering on insanity.
Lately I have a hard time pulling myself out of the material and ringing of the din that is the world we see and hear daily. Even at places where my sole purpose to to pray/meditate/free myself from myself I find that my focus is elsewhere. I still proclaim to be a blessed human being daily, but the grace that I had found in the ease of finding stillness has most all but left me. Perhaps I will receive that specific blessing again soon, perhaps not, but it has been of some concern to me lately.
"What would it take for things to be quiet? Quiet like the snow."
- The Devil Wears Prada
Louder than Thunder - The Devil Wears Prada
I hope this post finds you at a place of peace and tranquility, reader. My life has been the consequence of so many wonderful things and every day I give thanks for the people and circumstances and opportunities to love that I have been given. I'm still somewhat worried about the distances that grow between myself and the long time friends I have made in the bay area, but I have the knowledge and faith to give those relationships to Him high above and they will be as taken care of as they need to be. Reader, if we've ever talked, I love you. If we've never spoken, I will still love you. I pray you find peace in your life. I pray that when that peace does come, it surrounds you and encompasses wherever you are; that it may be so undeniable that you can't help but find joy within that peace.
- Ian C
Noise is something I talked about in my last blog as well. It can get really distracting. It seems the closer we feel to God, the more challenges that come. Friends come and go, but He is always with us.
ReplyDeletestillness is something i never really learned to value until this summer. since i've been home i've spent so much time by myself just musing that i've realized how much i enjoy it. mr. popular, i think that perhaps some time away from the world would do you good. the wilderness? an excellently almost-cliched way to get away from all distractions and really bask in the crazy beauty that God graciously created to remind us that He is God. or for you, G-d.
ReplyDeleteian, as long as you show those friends that you love them in whatever way you know how and actively live your life in that way, then there is no need to worry. you're getting to peace, brother. just be a dumb sheep. :)
romans 15:13
is it weird if i put a heart? haha, instead i will say, i love you, my dear friend.
dangit. i almost beat kenneth to it.
ReplyDelete