I don't really know what I'm supposed to do here. Creating a blog was something on a whim. I think I want to use it the way I did back when Myspace was the cool thing to do. It's nice to reflect and vent. Maybe someday someone will care and read what I had to say at a given moment in time, I don't know.
I don't like capitalizing "I"'s because Word did them automatically for me all the time.
I sit in my dorm room three weeks into my new life at UCSB not really sure what to expect. I've packed my life with music (BFOM call backs later tonight, ask me about it AND Men's choir here), sports (flag football and hitting the gym at least twice a week), classes (12 units in 3 courses become 15 units because I just had to add on seminars...), socializing (I like people, problem?), and Jesus groups (Real Life, Intervarsity).
So I guess I can use this for some kind of therapy. Writing about things never quite solves the problem, but you always put stuff out there with the hope that someone will care enough to read it. So I'm going to do just that. I'm going to write and you can read. You very well could be Ian Charbonnet every time, but as long as there is a "you" I will write.
No, scratch that. Reverse.
I think I'm going to avoid erasing whole ideas in this blog. Call it free-flow. Anyway, I want to take back that statement. I will write as long as I am able to think and I have the ability to type. So let the therapy commence;
this blog will be used for my rants, my thoughts on life, my appreciation for the beauty of words (whether lyric or passage or mere wisdom), and my overall opinion on the state of things.
So let the "blogging" begin! I feel like I'm jumping on a bandwagon a little late, but no worries because I have plenty of thoughts to fill this page.
- Ian Charbonnet
oh, and THANK YOU if you are actually reading this. I would love to know who I am addressing in these posts. Specific people make cyberspace much less vague.
I love reading people's blogs... Especially when they put a great deal of thought into the world and their existance... So I will be reading, Just write about things that you care about, people will be interested.
ReplyDelete-Max Erwin
I read it :]
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to reading what you have to say.
HI IAN!!!
ReplyDeletepresent and accounted for
ReplyDeleteOh..this is how I tell you I'm reading. I like how you think. I'm looking forward to reading more and learning from you.
ReplyDeleteHi my beautiful son, boy that dream was something. But let me be clear, there is evil in this world and it seeks to destroy the spirit of God's love and goodness that is us. Your love for God has gotten so much stronger since you arrived in Santa Barbara. Satan doesn't like people like you, people who love God and reflect it daily in their lives. Dreams are the place where Satan gets in. So pray for protection each night. Ask God to keep his Holy Spirit on guard as you sleep so you can rest. He is always there just call out for help.
ReplyDeletelove you.
DAD
Today is that day someone goes back and cares what you have to say at a given moment in time.
ReplyDelete